car charging infrastructure
1. compulsory car charging point in all new build homes
2. compulsory car charging points for many/most spaces in all new build car parks
3. more car charging points in public car parks
4. more car charging points on-street in town etc.
4. higher GST on non zero-emission vehicles but this should exclude hybrids with electric-only range of > 25 miles which will probably be zero-emission on island but allows longer trips for folk on road trips abroad.
Why the contribution is important
Jersey has lots of cars and vans and with no MOT, many are old, dirty and highly pollutive. this is a great way to turbo-charge the adoption of zero-emission vehicles on island.
by as530 on February 06, 2021 at 10:21AM